Sunday, June 16, 2013

Two pretty Birthday Parties...

 
My baby girl turned 8 this month
 
 
I made pretty labels for these little water bottles with the children's names on them. The only fizzy drink we served was some jugs of homemade ginger beer courtesy of Daddy! I served it with the food.
 
 
Helium balloons and scrapbook paper bunting. Each balloon was tied to a little 50g block of chocolate wrapped neatly in brown paper, a gift for each child to take home.
 
 
The rainbow layered birthday cake!
 
The games were Duck Duck Goose.
and What's the time Mr Wolf
 
There was dancing, and her big brothers and sisters put on a play!
 
 



I made her this dolly that she has named "Lucy" and this pretty winter cape..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My big girl also had her birthday, she is 13 now and officially a young lady!
 
 
 
She woke up to siblings singing, and her lovely gifts..
 
 
She had a "Crafternoon tea"
 
The afternoon began with 2hrs of paper craft , followed by High tea, and then we had 2 hrs of embroidery the girls made lavender bags..
 
 
Examples of their work!
 
 
The birthday cakes!
 
 
The girls drank a delightful blend of tea from Fortnum & Mason
sparkling water, and lemonade...
 
 
Happy Birthday my darlings!
 


 
 


 
 


 
 


 


 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Carli,
    I know this post was from a while ago, but I am so in awe of the loveliness of it all ~ and the huge blessing these two special events must have been to your daughters. The layer cake is gorgeous! You are a Wonderful hostess and mother. I am so glad you are safe from the fires, and I am praying now for all those who lost their homes. May the good Lord comfort, strengthen, encourage, and grow them all through it, as hard as it must be right now. His ways are not our ways, but they are perfect, nevertheless. I keep reminding myself of that as we face trials and difficulties here. Makes me think of: http://www.spurgeongems.org/vols22-24/chs1387.pdf
    Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete