Thursday, July 12, 2012

Warming up my decor...







                              

 
Hello everyone! I havn't been posting much lately, as Shane has been away for a few months and I was really busy! So I need to catch up. Even though we are in Queensland it is still fairly cold now that its winter, and if this week's anything to go by, very wet and grey too!
I have decided to warm up my decor a little by storing away all of my blue accessories, in favor of a little deep red and soft greens. I LOVE this doona cover, its Laura Ashley and just so pretty!

 

 
These hang in the childrens bathroom

 


What do you think of my new couch in the family room? It needs a side table, I thought a lovely old singer treadle machine would be perfect, I just have to find one! If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them...





On the lounge in the good room I changed from the wedgewood blue and cream embroidered  cushion, to this one it's a favorite of mine. The book is called "Velvet Pears"by Susan Southham. It is truly beautiful filled with stories, photos etc from the 30 years of journals she kept whilst she and her husband renovated their 100year old cottage and created a most spectacular english cottage garden in  country SE New South Wales,  just beautiful...





4 comments:

  1. Your home looks beautiful, thanks for sharing your updates. I love that bird pillow in the last shot, what a cozy spot to read. I found your post at Home and Garden Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so very much! It is very cosy, especially in winter as the loungesuite is by the window and it gets the mid afternoon sunshine. Also a favorite spot for my pussy cats!!

      Delete
  2. It is something to consider you being in the winter season while we are in the depths of an extremely hot summer! Warming up a home's decor in the wintertime definitely adds to the cozy feel one wants. You've done a fantastic job - that book sounds like some good reading and I am sure some great pictures - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete