Thursday, November 24, 2011

Zones

I came to the conclusion, whilst aranging my new home over the last few days that perhaps I should mention Zones. No I am not refering to public transport! I am talking about desegnated zones in the home, I have always found this helpful especially in the kitchen. For example the kettle sits by the power point on the bench, the tea and coffee canisters are displayed beside it with the biscuit jar and in the cupboard above I keep tea cups, saucers and mugs. This is a zone, another would be the baking zone that has mixing bowls, and measuring jugs and cups in the cupboard underneath the bench and above is the scales and container of wooden spoons/spatulas etc.
  If you organise your whole home this way it does make things more comfortable and far easier to keep tidy. If the children have a play area in the living area outside of their bedroom keep it contained to a zone, there is no need for toys to be spread indiscriminately through the house, If you have nowhere to sit quietly of an evening with a favorite book or television program without being surrounded by your childrens belongings you need to do something! They do not run the home you do, so get zoning and teach them where it is appropriate to bring out toys and where it isn't.
  I zone everything from the desk and computer pariphenalia to The clothes in the wardrobes, Try it it really does make homemaking easier.....

1 comment:

  1. Great post, so logical to group things according to purpose, definitely diminishes the chaos!

    ReplyDelete