Sunday, November 27, 2011

First baked goods!



Today I baked in my new oven! After a lovely morning at our new church, I came home and baked. Above is our family meals area  and on the table is a fruit cake that was for afternoon tea and the cherry pie I baked for dessert.
I love my oven!
It may be smaller than I am used to, but it is a breeze to work with! My cake turned out beautifully evenly browned definately CWA worthy, and the pastry on the pie cut well, and just melted in the mouth, no soggy bottoms here!

The little pie you see was made by my little one Lilly, she made it especially for her Pa who came for a visit with Nannie this afternoon. He was very proud and has wrapped it and taken it home so he can have it at work tommorrow for morning tea. You should have seen her face when he told her that he needed to show all the men at work what a clever grandaughter he has!

Now I cant wait to start mince pies for christmas! And to see how I go with the crackling on a roast pork!

No comments:

Post a Comment