Monday, February 7, 2011

A Quiet Life

It is so important to have somewhere you can go to quiet the mind, a place of peace. My children call it Mummys Ahhhh moment , whether you take a pot of your favorite tea or a tall glass of your homemade cordial with ice, to sit for half an hour in a place of beauty quietly in your own thoughts. Not only is it calming but it rejuvinates you and inspires the most lovely things!



I find that in spring and summer my favorite spot is in our garden, My son Joshua set up a small table and chair with a pretty cloth and some lovely cussions for me, right in the middle of all of the flower gardens only last week as a suprise! The view is beautiful ....
When the weather turns cool, I sit in my " Good Room" I suppose you could call it my Parlour, I just love to be surrounded by special things! It is definitely worth the effort to make your home beautiful, because it is not just yours, but your familys sanctuary..

No comments:

Post a Comment