Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday roast

Isn't it great when you cook a roast pork, and the crackling comes out really nicely? I have always found it to be hit and miss, although I have been told rubbing salt in works and letting it sit while you preheat the oven, I tried that today, maybe thats why it worked! I put the potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes then let them sit on a clean tea towel for 10 before rubbing with olive oil and baking they will come out beautifully golden and crunchy! lot's of vegie's and bread and butter pudding with cream for desert{ I like to put jam on the bread as well, delicious!} this really is quite an economical desert. If you save some left over crusts in the freezer from over the week, it only uses a few eggs and a little milk and sugar, and of course butter and jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment